Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

My Word for 2016 -- Sketch


 



I started the year with a word instead of a resolution.  My word is SKETCH.  I do it a lot but this past year it hasn’t been daily.  I need to get back to that and so far I’m doing fine. 

BUT… it’s only week 1.  However, I am thinking positive.  I will keep up with it no matter what.  In fact the page above is an example of commitment.  It was bedtime and all I had done was a few quick pen sketches while we waited for our dinner at a favorite restaurant.  You’ll see those later in this post.  I did the top sketches before bed.







And this is what I did while we waited for dinner last evening….



Each of these is in a different sketchbook.  I know I’m going to want to do a bit of painting/sketching when we go on our next trip; more than just a few sketches in the one journal I take along when we go anywhere. 

So I’m trying a few out to see which works best for me.  The one that I did all of the little ones in has been eliminated.  It’s great for watercolor but not good for pen.  Since most of my sketches are pen and ink with watercolor and I frequently do a bit of journaling along with it the paper has to take both.

 

No comments: