Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Santa forgot his hat

day 8 Santa left his hat

I’ve started to put Christmas away and it seems Santa forgot something.  I thought it would be a good daily painting.

In addition to painting, I stitched.  I’m learning to do pojagi stitching which I’ve talked about before.  Today I finished my first square.  It’s a lot of scrap fabric which meant I got a lot of practice doing the seam.  Things I’ve learned along the way:

1.  My old trusty Singer is in need of a good cleaning.

2.  I really do need to learn to cut straight in order to do a good pojagi seam. 

3.  Life would be easier with a stitch in the ditch foot so I ordered one for my Viking.  So far haven’t found one that will fit the old Singer.

pojagi

I do like the quilt look and the fact that it’s a single layer (both sides are finished) so it has many uses.  Originally I said I thought it was like the French seam my mother used; however, the more I look at it I think it’s more like a flat felled seam.  I’m going to have to look that up and compare.  Meanwhile, if the snow clears up I’m off to the fabric store with my machine.

No comments: