Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 6 and ArtWalk

day 6

Today I’m at the gallery.  This is a bouquet that is on the counter, it’s left from the opening reception last night.  It’s number 2 in my series of small watercolors; I was able to spend a little more time on this, between customers.

Another project I’m working on at home is for this year’s ArtWalk.  In the past we’ve done large sculptures, fish, dogs, lighthouses and cows.  This year the all community project is a plaque, Sunday on the Grand.  Two sizes are available, 12 x 16 and 24 x 32.  I’m doing a 24 x 32 inch.  This is a before photo….

artwalk project

Does it look familiar?  It’s very close to this one…

A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

but our version is from this photo with a few modifications, the pier is not visible from the park; however, it’s Grand Haven.

sunday-on-the-grand grand haven

I’ve gessoed over mine and plan to do a little redrawing to make it more mine. Once that’s done I’m planning to do some collage along with painting and more drawing.  When the initial drawing is done I’ll post,

No comments: