Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Printmaking


I've done another print that I am so excited about... what a thrill to lift the felts after rolling the plate and paper through the press and see that your print came out pretty much like you hoped it would. This is my first chine collé print and I am thrilled with how it came out. I used the same plate that I had used last week but added the color with the chine collé technique and I inked it a little differently. This one is going to hang in my kitchen....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And you SHOULD be thrilled! What a fantastic print this is, Helen! I love it!

Joan said...

This came out super!!! It's much clearer than the first one you did. I bet it will look wonderful framed and hanging in your kitchen.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Thank you Diahn and Joan... I'm lovin' this printmaking thing.

Teri said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I enjoyed reading your posts about the printmaking since I have never tried it and don't know much about it.

Shez said...

These are Great Helen. Good Work!!
Good post on this too!!! Enjoyed the read.

Mony said...

I like printmaking very much too... it really is surprising to open the press and see the result !